Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to plan ahead
The majority of events will take place from April 15–18. So mark your calendars! You want to make sure that you and your family have time to participate in as many events as possible so that you get a true sense of what it is like to be an MIT student!
We’re currently hard at work planning and preparing, but in the meantime, there are few things to take care of before April 1.
What you can do next!
• Get matched with an MITPal: We all know that MIT’s best asset isn’t our makerspaces or nuclear reactor, it’s the people. And we think the best way to get to know MIT is from the students themselves.
When you register for CP✱, you’ll be asked if you would like to sign up for an MITPal. If you select yes, you will be matched to a current student using our fancy algorithm (developed by Course 6 students). They will be your guide to MIT—answering any and hopefully all questions that you have! If you would like sign up, make sure to register in the admissions portal by March 24.
• Register for CP✱: You can register by logging in to your account on the admissions portal. There will be a box on your status page that will link you to the registration form. The deadline to register is April 1.
• *excited waiting*: On April 1, you will receive a link to sign up for our CP✱ events portal. It will have all of the information about our events this year! Until then, relax, celebrate your accomplishment, and get ready to meet your fellow ’25s and the rest of MIT’s amazing students. If you have any questions in the meantime, just email us at email@example.com.
Save the date!
Although the detailed schedule for CP✱ is not available yet, we want you to save the date for some of our bigger events so that you can make sure you are available. So make sure to mark your calendars for some of our landmark events below:
• Admitted student welcome: Thursday, April 15, at 7 PM ET
• Academic expo: Friday, April 16, from 3–5 PM ET
• SHASS lightning talks: Friday, April 16, at 5PM ET
• Student and family welcome with the Vice Chancellor and Dean of
• Admissions: Saturday, April 17, at 11 AM ET
• Academic panel: Saturday, April 17, at 12 PM ET